Category Archives: Kirk Session

Kirk Session Agenda 29 March 2017

Opening Prayer
Sederunt
Apologies
Minutes of the Meeting of 22 February 2017
Matters arising
Correspondence
Reports

Minister
Stewardship
Safeguarding
Presbytery
Treasurer & Finance Committee – Investments
Fabric

Session Administration

Submission of Records

Worship & Mission

Evening Services
Easter Retiring Offering
Alpha Course
Messy Church
Cafe Connect

A.O.C.B
.

D.O.N.M.
Close

Kirk Session minutes 11 January 2017

At a meeting of the Kirk Session in Tayvallich Church on 11th January 2017 the meeting was constituted in prayer by the Moderator, Rev Clifford Acklam.

SEDERUNT
Present were Moderator, Rev Clifford Acklam, Session Clerk, Mr Alan Cameron, Elders, Mr David Logue, Mrs Louise Logue, Mrs Libby MacDonald, Miss Ealasaid Mackay and Mrs Catherine Paterson.

APOLOGIES
Apologies were received from Mrs Valerie Cameron and Mrs Norma Kelly.
Apologies were also received from Mr Russell Anderson, Fabric Convener, Mrs Heather Anderson, Miss Daisy Bell and Mrs Marjorie Drysdale.

MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
The minutes of the meeting of 16th November 2016 were approved
Proposed by Mrs Louise Logue
Seconded by Mrs Libby MacDonald

MATTERS ARISING
Alpha Course

Mr Logue reported that the course was being advertised and expressions of interest were now awaited. Could possibly be linked to Cafe Connect meetings.

New Website
The site is now complete and Mrs Logue was thanked for the work she had put in to bring this about. Ideas for additional content will be welcomed.

Publication of Kirk Session Minutes

Mrs Logue thought that draft minutes could be published so that the information on offer was more up to date. It was agreed, however, that minutes would not be published before approval by Session.

CORRESPONDENCE
Email from Mrs Mollie Hood.

Mollie will not be in a position to organise the World Day of Prayer 2017 service which would normally have been held in Bellanoch Church. As an alternative, it was agreed that we would participate in the service which will take place in Lochgilphead Parish Church.

Letter dated 15th November 2016 from General Trustees – Inverlussa Church

Mr A Cameron reported that a fresh Application for Disposal had been received and that the process of sale should now commence as instructed by Presbytery in September 2016.
We are required by the General Trustees to return the Application for Disposal, duly signed, if we agree to its terms. Accompanying it must be extract minutes of both a Kirk Session meeting and a Congregational Meeting agreeing to the disposal. As no such meeting had yet come to that conclusion, Session moved to a vote.
The motion – “Do the members of Kirk Session wish to sell Inverlussa Church ?” A majority were against the sale of Inverlussa.
A Congregational Meeting will be advertised and held in Inverlussa Church after morning worship on Sunday 5th February 2017.

REPORTS
Minister

Rev Acklam reported that he would attempt to have the 2017 Christmas cards printed earlier. The number of cards printed will be reduced. He reminded us that there is an Open Heaven event in the Baptist Church, Lochgilphead on Sunday 15th January at 6.30 pm.

Stewardship
Nothing to report

Safeguarding
Mr Logue reported that there is a new checklist in use. Recent issues in the world of football may also result in more enquiries.

Presbytery
Rev Acklam reported that Presbytery met at Tarbert on 6th December 2016.
There was an interesting presentation on Malawi. There will also be meetings to discuss hub ministries.

Treasurer
Mrs Logue reported that the annual accounts will be ready for the next meeting of Kirk Session in February. Payments for past electricity and buildings insurance will be claimed back from the fabric account.

Fabric
There was no report.

SESSION ADMINISTRATION
Attestation of Records

The following records were duly attested:-
Electoral Roll
Baptismal Register
Safeguarding Register

Stated Annual Meeting
The date of the Stated Annual Meeting is set for 12th March 2017 after morning worship at Tayvallich Church. Rev Acklam to arrange pulpit supply for Glassary, Kilmartin and Ford.

Retiring Offerings

The 2017 retiring offerings will be
Easter Children’s Hospice Association Scotland
Harvest To be finalised
Remembrance Poppyscotland
Christmas EMBRACE the Middle East

WORSHIP & MiSSION
Pulpit Supply
The following dates have been arranged :-
19th February 2017 Bellanoch Dr John Morrison
19th March 2017 Bellanoch Mr David Logue
26th March Tayvallich Mr James MacLellan

Messy Church
The next meeting of Messy Church will be in Kilmartin on 19th January 2017.
The Christmas Party held in Tayvallich Hall was a great success and was attended by 41 people. It was noted that we do require some additional helpers and we should also continue to encourage people of all ages to attend.

Cafe Connect
Continues to be well supported. We will require a staffing rota to aid future planning.

A.O.C.B.
There was no other business.

D.O.N.M.
The date of the next meeting will be 22nd February 2017 at 7.30pm in Tayvallich Church.

The meeting was closed by saying the grace together.

Kirk Session agenda 22 February 2017

________________________________________________________________________
Opening Prayer

Sederunt

Apologies

Minutes of the Meeting of 11th January 2017

Matters arising
Inverlussa Church
World Day of Prayer

Correspondence
Office of the General Trustees 6th February 2017 – Glebe – Grazing Let
Glasgow Phoenix Choir 9th February 2017 – Proposed visit

Reports
Minister
Stewardship
Safeguarding
Presbytery
Treasurer & Finance Committee – 2016 Accounts
Fabric – Bellanoch Disabled Access

Session Administration
Membership

Worship & Mission
Easter services
Alpha Course
Messy Church
Cafe Connect

A.O.C.B. 
D.O.N.M.
Close

Session minutes 16 November 2016

At a meeting of the Kirk Session in Pier House, Tayvallich on 16th November 2016 the meeting was constituted in prayer by the Moderator, Rev Clifford Acklam.  

SEDERUNT

Present were Moderator, Rev Clifford Acklam, Session Clerk, Mr Alan Cameron, Elders, Mrs Valerie Cameron, Mr David Logue, Mrs Louise Logue, Mrs Libby MacDonald and Miss Ealasaid Mackay. 

APOLOGIES

Apologies were received from Mrs Norma Kelly and Mrs Catherine Paterson.  

Apologies were also received from Mr Russell Anderson, Fabric Convener and Mrs Marjorie Drysdale.

MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING

The minutes of the meeting of 4th October 2016 were approved

Proposed by Miss Ealasaid Mackay

Seconded by Mr David Logue

The minutes of the meeting of 23rd October 2016 were approved

Proposed by Mrs Libby MacDonald

Seconded by Mrs Valerie Cameron

MATTERS ARISING

There was further discussion regarding the style of advertising for meetings of the Kirk Session. All future advertisements will refer to Kirk Session and not as Trustees Meetings as previously suggested. Advertisements will continue to state that meetings are open to all. Agendas for meetings will be published and made available in church one week before the proposed meeting. Minutes will also be published and made available but subject to the editing of sensitive material.

INVERLUSSA CHURCH

Mr A Cameron advised that correspondence had now been received from the General Trustees regarding the sale of this building. It is now clear that we must close the church and strip it of its contents before it can be exposed for sale. Since the correspondence dealing with the closure has been wrongly addressed and sent to the former Clerk to the Congregational Board, nothing will happen until that situation is rectified.  

It is probable, however, that Inverlussa Church will close after Easter 2017.

Mr D Logue suggested that a small committee be set up at the appropriate time to deal with the practicalities of the physical closure and also to have some input into the content of the final Service of Thanksgiving and Closure. This suggestion was accepted.

CORRESPONDENCE

Letter dated 15th November 2016 from the General Trustees dealing with the disposal of Inverlussa Church. Since the letter has been addressed to the Congregational Board, replacement correspondence has been requested.

REPORTS

Minister

Rev Acklam reported that he had now resumed driving and thanked all who had helped him with transport over the last twelve months.

With regard to the proposed Pilgrimage Route, the local Ramblers Club are to assist with survey of the route.

Stewardship

Nothing to report

Safeguarding 

Nothing to report

Presbytery

Presbytery will meet at Tarbert on 6th December 2016.

Treasurer

Mrs Logue reported that a Finance Committee has been established.

Committee members are Mr Russell Anderson, Mrs Louise Logue, Mrs Fiona Oswald and Mrs Kim Ritchie. The committee may make recommendations to Kirk Session but will not have the power to effect changes without the approval of Kirk Session.

Fabric

A written report was submitted by Mr R Anderson, the main features of which were :-

Inverlussa Church – no further work instructed at this time

Tayvallich Church – Mains water not yet connected but some progress has been made with the complex administrative process.

Bellanoch Church – Inspection of fixed electrical installation has been carried out.

Account received for external painting – £2,563.20 including VAT.

Church Bell repair – not yet carried out – an estimate is awaited.

SESSION ADMINISTRATION

Mr Cameron issued those present with their copy of the 2017 events calendar.

WORSHIP & MiSSION

27th November 2016 First in Advent Communion at Inverlussa Church followed by Christmas Fayre in Achnamara Hall

Christmas Day Bellanoch Church at 11.00 am. This is a Joint service.
Morning Worship 2017 The time of Morning Worship will change to 10.00 am
Pulpit Supply Watchnight Service in Tayvallich – Pulpit Supply yet to be arranged.

Messy Church Attendances good. The meal will in future be eaten at the end of the meetings.

Cafe Connect Continues to be well supported. There is also to be a Carol Concert in Achnamara Hall on the evening of 22nd December 2016.

Alpha Course Mr & Mrs Logue are giving consideration to running a Alpha Course.

A.O.C.B.

Website – Our new web address is www.northknapdale.org

D.O.N.M.

The date of the next meeting will be 11th January 2017 at 7.30pm in Tayvallich Church.

The meeting was closed by saying the grace together.

Kirk Session 

The next meeting of the Kirk Session is on Wednesday 11 January at 7:30 pm in Tayvallich Church. Everyone is welcome to attend this meeting and join in with the discussions. Here is the agenda:

Opening Prayer

Sederunt

Apologies
Minutes of the Meeting of 16th November 2016 
Matters arising

  • Alpha Course
  • New website

Correspondence

  • Office of the General Trustees 15th November 2016 – Process of selling Inverlussa Church

Reports

  • Minister
  • Stewardship
  • Safeguarding
  • Presbytery
  • Treasurer & Finance Committee
  • Fabric

Session Administration

  • Attestation of Records
  • Date of Stated Annual Meeting
  • 2017 Retiring Offerings

Worship & Mission

  • Inverlussa 5th February 2017 Holy Communion
  • Pulpit Supply
  • Messy Church
  • Cafe Connect

A.O.C.B. 
D.O.N.M.
Close