Minutes of Kirk Session 24 May

At a meeting of the Kirk Session in Tayvallich Church on 24th May 2017 the meeting was constituted in prayer by the Moderator, Rev Clifford Acklam.

SEDERUNT
Present were Moderator, Rev Clifford Acklam, Session Clerk, Mr Alan Cameron, Elders, Mrs Norma Kelly, Mr David Logue, Mrs Louise Logue, Mrs Libby MacDonald, Miss Ealasaid Mackay and Mrs Catherine Paterson.
Also present were Mrs Rona Blythe and Mrs Marjorie Drysdale

APOLOGIES
Apologies were received from Mrs Valerie Cameron

MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING
The minutes of the meeting of 29th March 2017 were approved
Proposed by Mr David Logue
Seconded by Mrs Norma Kelly

MATTERS ARISING
Holiday Club Benmore
– Mrs N Kelly confirmed that grants towards the cost of sending children to the holiday club were available. Mrs L Logue agreed to email a link to families with children in the correct age group and with church connection.
“Who do you say I am” Books – The supply of books duly arrived. Books were distributed through Cafe Connect and church services and were well received.
Path to Renewal – Mrs L Logue raised the subject of Path to Renewal but as there was insufficient interest at this time it was agreed that no application would be made.
Big Lunch – There will be no Big Lunch organised by us this year.
Messy Church for Older Children – There are events in Glasgow and also more locally at the Well, Oban. Mr D Logue will have discussions with parents who may be interested in taking their children to Oban.

CORRESPONDENCE
Email from Presbytery with regard to Inverlussa Church. A meeting between office bearers and the convenors of the Presbytery Property and Ministry Committees is suggested for 5th June 2017. Session Clerk to contact Rev D Carruthers.

REPORTS
Minister
Rev Acklam reported that he had conducted the service at Ardfenaig last Sunday. He will conduct the funeral of Mrs Anne Ferguson in Tayvallich Church
on Friday 26th May. The funeral of Mr James Flint will be held in Perth Crematorium also on Friday 26th May.
Stewardship
Mrs Norma Kelly advised that Christian Aid Week collections are going well and that the final total would be available next Sunday.
Safeguarding
Nothing to report.
Presbytery
The next meeting of Presbytery will be held in Oban on 6th June 2017.
Treasurer
Mrs L Logue reviewed the figures for the first quarter of 2017.
Fabric
There was no report. It was however noted that the mains water connection to Tayvallich Church was still not completed.
A new external noticeboard for Tayvallich Church is to be purchased.

SESSION ADMINISTRATION
Training

There is to be an Elders Training Day in Tarbert on Saturday 17th June 2017.
Mr D Logue and Mrs L Logue will be attending and will report to Kirk Session.

WORSHIP & MiSSION
18th June 2017 Morning Worship will be held in Kilmartin Church at 11.00 am.
Evening Worship will be held in Tayvallich Church at 6.30 pm.

Pulpit Supply
On the following dates worship will be led by
Mr James MacLellan 16th July 2017 in Tayvallich Church
Mr James Malcolm 23rd July 2017 in Bellanoch Church
Mr James Malcolm 30th July 2017 in Tayvallich Church

Alpha Course
Mr D Logue reported that the format had been changed over the last two meetings. Now meeting for lunch and continuing into the afternoon.

Messy Church
Mrs Logue welcomed the participation in leadership by some older children

Cafe Connect
There will be no Cafe Connect on Saturday 17th June 2017.

A.O.C.B.
There was no further business.

D.O.N.M.
The date of the next meeting will be 20th June 2017 at 7.30pm in Tayvallich Church.

The meeting was closed by saying the grace together.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *