Session minutes 16 November 2016

At a meeting of the Kirk Session in Pier House, Tayvallich on 16th November 2016 the meeting was constituted in prayer by the Moderator, Rev Clifford Acklam.  

SEDERUNT

Present were Moderator, Rev Clifford Acklam, Session Clerk, Mr Alan Cameron, Elders, Mrs Valerie Cameron, Mr David Logue, Mrs Louise Logue, Mrs Libby MacDonald and Miss Ealasaid Mackay. 

APOLOGIES

Apologies were received from Mrs Norma Kelly and Mrs Catherine Paterson.  

Apologies were also received from Mr Russell Anderson, Fabric Convener and Mrs Marjorie Drysdale.

MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING

The minutes of the meeting of 4th October 2016 were approved

Proposed by Miss Ealasaid Mackay

Seconded by Mr David Logue

The minutes of the meeting of 23rd October 2016 were approved

Proposed by Mrs Libby MacDonald

Seconded by Mrs Valerie Cameron

MATTERS ARISING

There was further discussion regarding the style of advertising for meetings of the Kirk Session. All future advertisements will refer to Kirk Session and not as Trustees Meetings as previously suggested. Advertisements will continue to state that meetings are open to all. Agendas for meetings will be published and made available in church one week before the proposed meeting. Minutes will also be published and made available but subject to the editing of sensitive material.

INVERLUSSA CHURCH

Mr A Cameron advised that correspondence had now been received from the General Trustees regarding the sale of this building. It is now clear that we must close the church and strip it of its contents before it can be exposed for sale. Since the correspondence dealing with the closure has been wrongly addressed and sent to the former Clerk to the Congregational Board, nothing will happen until that situation is rectified.  

It is probable, however, that Inverlussa Church will close after Easter 2017.

Mr D Logue suggested that a small committee be set up at the appropriate time to deal with the practicalities of the physical closure and also to have some input into the content of the final Service of Thanksgiving and Closure. This suggestion was accepted.

CORRESPONDENCE

Letter dated 15th November 2016 from the General Trustees dealing with the disposal of Inverlussa Church. Since the letter has been addressed to the Congregational Board, replacement correspondence has been requested.

REPORTS

Minister

Rev Acklam reported that he had now resumed driving and thanked all who had helped him with transport over the last twelve months.

With regard to the proposed Pilgrimage Route, the local Ramblers Club are to assist with survey of the route.

Stewardship

Nothing to report

Safeguarding 

Nothing to report

Presbytery

Presbytery will meet at Tarbert on 6th December 2016.

Treasurer

Mrs Logue reported that a Finance Committee has been established.

Committee members are Mr Russell Anderson, Mrs Louise Logue, Mrs Fiona Oswald and Mrs Kim Ritchie. The committee may make recommendations to Kirk Session but will not have the power to effect changes without the approval of Kirk Session.

Fabric

A written report was submitted by Mr R Anderson, the main features of which were :-

Inverlussa Church – no further work instructed at this time

Tayvallich Church – Mains water not yet connected but some progress has been made with the complex administrative process.

Bellanoch Church – Inspection of fixed electrical installation has been carried out.

Account received for external painting – £2,563.20 including VAT.

Church Bell repair – not yet carried out – an estimate is awaited.

SESSION ADMINISTRATION

Mr Cameron issued those present with their copy of the 2017 events calendar.

WORSHIP & MiSSION

27th November 2016 First in Advent Communion at Inverlussa Church followed by Christmas Fayre in Achnamara Hall

Christmas Day Bellanoch Church at 11.00 am. This is a Joint service.
Morning Worship 2017 The time of Morning Worship will change to 10.00 am
Pulpit Supply Watchnight Service in Tayvallich – Pulpit Supply yet to be arranged.

Messy Church Attendances good. The meal will in future be eaten at the end of the meetings.

Cafe Connect Continues to be well supported. There is also to be a Carol Concert in Achnamara Hall on the evening of 22nd December 2016.

Alpha Course Mr & Mrs Logue are giving consideration to running a Alpha Course.

A.O.C.B.

Website – Our new web address is www.northknapdale.org

D.O.N.M.

The date of the next meeting will be 11th January 2017 at 7.30pm in Tayvallich Church.

The meeting was closed by saying the grace together.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *